PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE COFFEE CAKE
2½ c. white whole wheat flour
1 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. canola oil
1 t. pumpkin pie seasoning
1 t. salt
3/4 c. pumpkin puree
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. brewed espresso or strong coffee
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 c. finely chopped pecans
1 t. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. In a stand mixer (use the whisk attachment), add flour, brown sugar, white sugar, vegetable oil, salt and pumpkin pie seasoning. Mix together until combined.
3. Remove 1½ cups of mixture and add to a small bowl; this is for your topping.
4. Next add finely chopped pecans to the topping mixture in the small bowl and then add cinnamon. Stir topping and set aside.
5. In the stand mixer, add milk, pumpkin puree, brewed espresso or coffee, egg, baking soda and baking powder.
6. Mix at slow speed until there are no more lumps.
7. Grease and flour a 9” springform cake pan (or you could use a 13”×9” glass pan), and add cake batter.
8. Next, evenly spread pecan topping over batter.
9. Place in oven 55-60 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean) if using a springform pan or 35-40 if using a 13”×9” pan.
Recipe by www.joyfulhealthyeats.com