Historical happenings: 1938: Construction completed
Construction was first completed on “A” section which included lines reaching to South Fork and extending four miles north of Center, south to Bowen and Waverly (the Resettlement District) and south as far as the Capulin-La Jara road. The 450 kVa substation transformer located at Zinzer Switch was the point electrical current was supplied by the Public Service Company to the REC. The center of Sargent Community was already being served by Public Service. According to first REC Superintendent Willard Johnson, the first pole was set on Paul Roberts ranch.
(San Luis Valley Historian, Volume XXVI #3, 1994)